Nowadays, nobody doubts the benefits of following a healthy morning routine every day 🌞
Besides improving your mood, health and confidence, a morning routine will let you start the day off with the right sense of accomplishment and productivity.
TimeTune provides you with the perfect tool to implement your morning routine: Templates.
Templates are mini-schedules that can be applied automatically to any date in your calendar. Just create your template once and use it every day for as long as you need it.
Let’s see how that works:
CREATING A MORNING ROUTINE TEMPLATE
To create your template, go to the ‘Templates’ section and create a 1-day template called ‘Morning routine’:
(Although TimeTune allows you to create templates with multiple days, that’s not necessary for a morning routine).
Once created, the template opens automatically and you can start adding time blocks to it:
You’ll see that each time block requires a start time and an end time, but that doesn’t mean those times are fixed. You’ll be able to modify the times on the ‘Schedule’ section afterwards if you need it.
After adding more time blocks to your template, your morning routine might look like this:
(Don’t worry about the empty blocks that appear at the top and the bottom of the template, they are just informative).
APPLYING THE TEMPLATE TO THE CALENDAR
You’ll be able to apply your template to the calendar on the ‘Template calendar’ section:
If you want to follow your routine daily, just click on a date and apply the template with a daily repetition:
After applying the template, your template calendar will look like this:
(Remember that you can click on any date of the calendar to remove the template from that date -option ‘Clear day’-).
Now that you’ve applied your template to the calendar, your morning routine will appear automatically on the ‘Schedule’ section every day:
MAKING ONE-OFF CHANGES
TimeTune allows you to make one-off changes to your schedule without affecting the original template.
For example, let’s say one day you want to start your morning routine on a different time. To achieve that, you can go to the ‘Schedule’ section and click on the times on the left:
(Alternatively, you can click on the block itself to change anything about the block).
The changes you make to the schedule will not affect your morning routine template.
Note: for the moment, you need to modify each time (or block) one by one. But our intention is to add a way to modify multiple items at the same time in future versions.
MODIFYING YOUR MORNING ROUTINE
At some point, you’ll need to modify your morning routine (not for one day, but for every day).
To do that, just modify your ‘Morning routine’ template on the ‘Templates’ section:
After modifying the template, the app will automatically transfer those changes to all the dates where the template was applied.
Keep in mind two things, though:
- In TimeTune, past history is always preserved as a picture of what happened (this is different than in a calendar). So any changes you make to the template will only affect today and future days.
- One-off changes made to the schedule have priority over modifications made to a template afterwards. So a modification to a block in a template might not appear on the schedule if the block was modified previously as a one-off change (this behavior might change in future versions).
If you didn’t follow a morning routine before, we highly recommend giving it a try.
Starting the day off on the right foot will make you feel better for the rest of the day (and you’ll become more efficient and productive at the same time).
So if you try a new morning routine, let us know how that goes for you.
(Top illustration by @pch.vector, on Freepik)
i love your app. great work.
It would be nice if you could add a few things:
1) Block templates: similar to tags, one can create a Block with an icon, name etc. The big difference is that you can give it a fixed time. So you could create a block named “Running” with a duration of 50min. “Gym” with a duration of 1h20min, “commute to the city” with a duration of 20min etc. Everytime u add the block u dont have to put in the duration manually.
2) Routines or Sub-Blocks. Similar to my suggestion of Block templates, but with multiple Blocks. So one could create a Template named “studytime” with 40min studying followed by a 15min break. If you wanna create a few of these it would take quite a bit of time in the current version. With this it would just be done in a matter of seconds. It would also be possible to add Blocks that pretty much always have to go together like “commute to work”, “work”, “commute home” (i know. for working days the current daily Template function should be enough but i think u understand what this would make possible). If someone is studying with the pomodoro technique for example he could create a template named “pomodoro” with the following blocks: “studying” 25min, “break” 5min, “studying” 25min, ” “break” 5min, “studying” 25min, “break” 20min. it would take just a few clicks to add thee or four of them to your day than compared to entering everything itself.
3) Another great function would be a drag and drop function. So if you have two overlapping blocks u could just take one and place it on an empty place. Or if you wanna move a meeting you can just drag and drop it.
4) In addition it would be nice to have two types of blocks: fixed blocks (meetings, doctor appointments…) and flexible blocks (study time, yoga, sport…). If you now put in a task in an already fully planned day u can just say “move every flexible block by the duration of this new block”. Fixed blocks are not affected by that. But that would be quite a complicated algorythm. So maybe something for the future 🙂
Hi! 👋 Thank you very much for your suggestions 😀 We take note of the ideas to evaluate the possibilities for the future 🔎
Hi. I made the same suggestion as Maximilian a few versions ago – his 1st suggestion.
I love Time Tune. I have ADHD and I found this app to be extremely helpful with managing my day. One of the big problems I have is being late to things – usually this happens because I am ready a long time before I need to leave the house and while I wait, I find “quick” tasks to do — these tasks are never quick, and I end up leaving the house late and arriving late.
When I was working and I had a settled routine, I created templates for lots of tasks, including leaving the house without rushing and stressing, and being on time. Since I returned to studying, I have struggled managing my time. I know that Time Tune would help, however having to manually adjust every template for my schedule for each particular day was too time consuming – and boring (which ensure that my ADHD didn’t do it).
Sadly, I have virtually stopped using Time Tune because of manually needing to make changes to each template or block that I’ve created. I tried having a series of templates (eg. for “arrive at 10”, “arrive at 10:30”, “arrive at 11”), but I needed a series of templates for different activities because they involved different preparation before leaving home.
If Time Tune could adjust the start time and the times for each activity in a template – based on the amount of time we gave each activity – then I would be using Time Tune as my only scheduler, and my only ADHD planner.
You App is easier to use than other ADHD planners but having to manually adjust times within templates, every single day means the app can’t be used to its full potential.
I hope your developers can work on this – it would be an amazing change.
Hi! 👋 Thank you very much for your suggestion. We’re evaluating different possibilities for that in future versions 🔎 Cheers! 😀